The Coordinator of Religious Education is responsible for organization of the PSR program at the elementary and junior high levels for children attending public school. They are also responsible for the organization of the RCIA and RCIC programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To review and evaluate curriculum resources and make recommendations for growth;
- To recruit, prepare and train catechists;
- To affirm, supervise and assess catechists;
- To coordinate with other members of the parish and school staff in the scheduling of facility usage;
- To organize and conduct registration, parent meetings, and sacramental information meetings;
- Successful completion of the Parish Safe Environment process;
- The ideal candidate will have at least a BA in Theology or related field from a Catholic college or university, OR have Catechetical Leader/DRE/CRE Religion Certification through the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Those with other educational backgrounds and training might also be considered depending on their experience;
- Experience in program coordination, communication, and administration;
- Some knowledge of Spanish is beneficial.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Fr. Dotson at email@example.com.